Re: Performance of GEGL

On 10/9/07, Lavergne Thomas <thomas.lavergne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed GEGL and BABL and started to do some test. For
> example the following code :
>
> So does any of you have an idea about what can cause this slow down ?

GEGL is still going through architectual level internal refactoring
even though the public API
haven't changed much lately.

The slow down can come from quite a few different places, and it might
even be slower if you try the SVN version since it is in, and has been
in for a while, a intermediate state where
a new caching framework is being integrated. If babl's extensions
aren't being automatically
picked up the interpolation that happens during affine transformations
will be slower as well.

To figure out where time is spent set the environment variable
GEGL_DEBUG_TIME to some value and study the output, the results of
which is meaningless for the last released version since the affine
(scaling) operations has been significantly changed; as well as for
the SVN version since there are some semi-known issues with the still
fresh caching code.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/