Re: chanting and threading

On 10/8/07, Barry Loo <barry.loo5966@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to eventually start contributing to gegl, so I've been
> perusing the code online.  The code seems pretty clear to me overall,
> but I have a few questions.
>
> 1)  What's the purpose of the gegl chanting routines?

To significantly reduce the amount of boiler plate code that needs to
be written, an intersting other option is looking into making it
possible to write plug-ins in vala, or even moving to
JIT compilation for both SSE2, AltiVec shaders etc using llvm or similar.

> 2)  Will ya'll be implementing multi-threading support with pthreads?

That isn't entirely decided yet, we might even end up doing parallel
processing with multiple processes since that brings us closer to be
able to do parallelization on multiple hosts as well.

/Øyvind K.

                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/