Re: OCRopus and Gegl

On 5/18/07, Étienne Bersac <bersace03@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> You may have heard about OCRopus project launched by Google last month.
> As a developer of gnome scan, this is the project i needed for OCR. I
> wonder how it is possible to plug it as a GeglOperation. I mean, is
> GeglOperation intended for such features ?

Sure, but such an operation would probably best ship with gnome scan
initially, and perhaps be moved over to the core GEGL distribution if
at a later point it is deemed to be generally useful. To speed the
process toward getting a stable operation API, helping out with
cleaning up and refactoring the existing Operation API as well as
cleanups within the core would be welcome.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/