Re: Curve - First iteration

On 5/16/07, Mark Probst <mark.probst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've implemented a curve class that does cubic spline interpolation
> (which is, as far as I could ascertain, what Photoshop uses, for
> example) and a contrast curve operation that uses it.
>
> Several things are still missing, most of all chanting support and
> be highly appreciated.
>
> A question regarding the operation: Is it possible to make an
> operation that works on more than one format?  I'd like the contrast
> curve to work on YA as well as RGBA.  The latter because it's more
> general and the former because I need it for my application and using
> RGBA instead of YA would just slow it down.
>
> What do I have to do to get this and the mono mixer incorporated into
> the official GEGL?

I have already added the mono-mixer to the workshop directory under operations,
I think we want a bit more functionality similar to the one already
existing in GIMP as well,
for instance making sure the values always add up to 1.0 to maintain
the range in the image
before moving it to the color directory where it properly will belong.
Speaking of color to gray scale, be sure to test the c2g operation
also in the workshop.

I am going to look into adding the other files as well, similarly I'll
add the operation to the workshop dir first.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/