Re: Compiling operations located outside the gegl root

On 4/15/07, Michael Robinson <fractalgfx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it possible to compile an operation if the source is not located in
> the same location as the rest of the the gegl sources.  I am guessing
> by the fact that "gegl-chant.h" is not installed in $PREFIX/include,
> that this is not meant to be possible.

It the API needed to compile operation plug-ins outside the GEGL
source is not provided, yet. The API needed to be made public for that
to happen depends on a stable API for writing operations, and there
are still changes that will need to happen during the internal
cleanup that needs to follow now that the public API has been settled.

If you want to develop things outside GEGL relying on unstable APIs
doing something similar
to what is done in the build environment provided in:

http://pippin.gimp.org/misc/geglbed.tgz

Can be useful.

> I tried adding the gegl source dir to my include path but it didn't
> work, the problem seems to be with "#include GEGL_CHANT_SELF" in
> gegl-chant.h

You also need to include the source directory as an include dir since
GEGL_CHANT_SELF
should expand to the name of the .c file the plug-in is contained in.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/