Segmentation Fault at initial run

Hi, I checked out babl and gegl from svn and compiled them on fedora 6 with autogen.sh , but without success to run.

gegl: rev. 1436
babl: rev. 230

When I run the gegl binary, it gives the following:

WARNING **: Failed to set operation type for nop, using a passthrough op instead
Segmentation fault

When I google on this, I have found that my problem is same as the mentioned gegl-0.0.4 seg fault problem in Jan 2007.

I tried make install as root, make install in operations as suggested there but it those does not help in this case.

Any other suggestions?