Core Features

I have just subscribed to this list and would like to say Hello to
everybody.

I am working in the field of systems biology and my work includes
processing of images and writing software for it also.

I have several questions to the developers about the core features of
GEGL.

Can the node have several input and output pads? And can it have zero
number of input or output pads?

Where is the result of node execution stored - in memory or in temporal
storage on disk?

There are several software packages that use DAG to store the list of
operations called workflows or workspaces namely VisiQuest, TiViPe,
SCIRUN, SIVIL and probably Matlab/Simulink. The image processing tools
and api for nodes/connections are usually separated. What is the reason
to put them in one library?

Are there plans to implement distributed processing?

Are there any efforts to implement visual programming environment for
creating and editing DAG with GEGL?

Best regards,

Mackoel