Re: Public GEGL API Reference

Right, some questions. I'm not familiar with the code, sorry for asking about anything obvious.

What does one node being a child of another do? Why wouldn't you just create all your nodes at top level and connect them? Can you only connect siblings? Does a top level node have an operation?

gegl_node_connect_from and gegl_node_connect_to seem to work opposite from what I'd expect.
Having two operations that do the same thing but with different argument order is usually bad. If they aren't unambiguously named it certainly isn't going to improve readability, which seems to be the intention.

From what I understand one output can be connected to several input. Can one input also read from several outputs, or does a connect_to to an occupied input disconnect the previously connected output? If so, is there any way for a node take an arbitrary number of inputs?

gogl_node_detect seems to have somewhat limited use... I see how it would work for a simple concatenation of images or non-transparent overlays, but what should it return if several inputs are merged?

What are proxies used for? "Route between nodes of a subgraph contained within a node"? Isn't that what normal connections do?

- Håkon