A GEGL Tile Interface

Hello!

I've been thinking about how an Undo/Redo implementation in an image manipulating program that uses GEGL would look. From what I can tell, most IMPs uses tiles for Undo/Redo implementations; after an operation, they store the changed tiles. On an undo, the changed tiles are reverted back.

However, the current gegl.h seems to offer no interface for tile access. Has there been any discussion about this, i.e. is a tile interface supposed to be available in GEGL?

Sincerely,
Martin