Re: Re: DAGs make users' eyes cross

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 17:31 +0000, Ken Bateman wrote:
> However, I argue that the spreadsheet model is mentally accessible to a much
> larger user base, and it does not reduce or limit the sophistication of the
> underlying image core DAG.  Spreadsheets provide an easy learning curve and an
> obvious data model.  I have met many people who lack technical sophistication
> that can still create and use spreadsheets.

Please provide specific examples as to how one would represent image
processing operations in a "spreadsheet model."  Not something abstract,
but something concrete.  Posit a workflow and represent that workflow as
a spreadsheet.  It doesn't have to be code (though that would be nice)
but it does have to be clear and unambiguous.  Also please explain the
statement that image processing operations naturally fit into arrays.

I'd also point out that LabView (another product that uses a graphical
DAG to do operations) is so easy to use that Lego thinks 10 year old can
do it (check out Lego Mindstorms NXT).  Last I checked no one is
adopting the "speadsheet model" to make things easier for people.

--
Daniel