Re: [Gegl-developer] Gegl code clean-up

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

geert jordaens <geert.jordaens@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I've noticed that some code cleanup is started on GEGL,
maybee it would be wise to add the _() macro to the parameter
specifications.

g_object_class_install_property (gobject_class, PROP_NAME,
               g_param_spec_string ("name",
                                    _("Name"),
                                    _("The GeglObject's name"),
                                    "",
                                    G_PARAM_CONSTRUCT
                                    ||G_PARAM_READWRITE));

It could also be a task that i could take up.

Adding i18n support can certainly not hurt. There is some framework
missing for i18n but you could look at libgimp or other libraries and
add the missing pieces.

We might want to inform gnome-i18n list that it isn't yet worth to to
translate gegl but that we will notify them when they can start.

Sven

I think I've got it covered.

modified :
./configure.in
./Makefile.am
./gegl/Makefile.am
./gegl/gegl-object.c (included gegl-intl.h)

copied from gimp.
./intltool-*

created :
./po
./po/Makefile.am
./po/POTFILES.in
./po/Makefile.in.in
./gegl/gegl-intl.h

Another question concerning cleanup. Is it worth using defining private members in a structure
and using the macro G_TYPE_INSTANCE_GET_PRIVATE?

Geert