[Gegl-developer] good luck on upcoming work

> You already got in touch with the relevant party. Adding support
> for higher color depths to GIMP is on the roadmap and will be
> addressed as soon as GIMP 2.4 is done. The plan is to use GEGL
> (http://gegl.org/). Part of it has already been written but this
> work had been abandoned for a while. Incidentally we only yesterday
> decided to pick up work on this library again. Mitch, Pippin and me
> will be reviewing and cleaning up the code over the next days. If
> you want to help, we can certainly need help in this area. At the
> moment I can not really tell you exactly what needs to be done but
> I should be able to tell you in a couple of days.
>

> Sven

I just wanted to wish the three of you the best of luck on the upcoming gegl work. I hope you can get gegl back on its feet again. I have had no time for looking at these things for a couple of years now, and I wish I could offer more than just listening along.

At any rate, feel free to redo/change/throw away whatever is there that I may have worked on in the past. Some of the  things I believe are the right approach but some things may not have been.

If you get enough momentum up on the project again I hope you can get a big crowd working on it...

Good luck!

Calvin