Re: [Gegl-developer] New developer interested in helping out

Hi,

Colin Bennett <trigonododecahedron@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm a Linux hacker and GIMP user and am interested in helping out on
> GEGL. I had two main questions:
>
> 1. What is it really going to take to integrate GEGL into the GIMP?
> Is it something that might happen this year? Next year? GIMP 2.2?
> What are the steps it's going to take to integrate?

GIMP is less than two weeks before the feature freeze for 2.2 so GEGL
is definitely not going to make it into GIMP 2.2. The reason for
pushing the 2.2 release is however to make it possible that we finally
start to work towards GEGL integration.

> 2. Where can I help out on GEGL? I've done quite a bit of graphics
> programming in Java (recently) and C/C++/assembly (back in the Good
> Old DOS days). I have lots of experience with unit tests and mock
> objects (the company I worked at for several year specialized in
> Extreme Programming).
>
> I checked out CVS and was very glad to see that everything built
> smoothly and the tests ran perfectly. I'll be browsing the code and
> the docs a little but it I can have some idea of what kinds of tasks
> I could help with, I'd have a place to focus on in greater depth.

I'll leave that question to the GEGL developers...

Sven