Re: [Gegl-developer] Re: [Gimp-developer] GEGL in GIMP

Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:
What is wrong about depending on GEGL and have people download and
compile it separately? GTK+ used to live in the GIMP source tree for
historical reasons only. I strongly doubt anyone would have wanted to
move it into the GIMP source tree if it was started as a separate
project. Why would you want to do this with GEGL now?

What's wrong with having gegl sources to download with the latest release on the FTP server, the same way we used to have libaa, libmpg, libpng and all the other stuff we needed? Up until 1.2.x, we used to have gtk+ and glib sources with gimp sources. What was wrong with that?

Dave.

--
Dave Neary
bolsh@xxxxxxxx