Re: [Gegl-developer] use of the const modifier

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 11:32:18PM -0800, Daniel Rogers wrote:
> Since const is C99 standard now, perhaps we should enforce the policy of
> using a const modifier whenever possible on function arguements and
> return values.

const is a good idea, and we should think about it early since it's easier
to change on a small body of code rather than to introduce it later and
break more.

C99, however, is not a justification. ;) It's simply not widespread enough
yet to make any requirements for it. Maybe a few years later...

That said, const specifically is common enough that we can depend on it.

-Manish