[Gegl-developer] questions about the rect in ImageIterator and ImageData

Would there be any circumstances where ImageIterator and ImageData would have a different rect? (presuming that the ImageIterator in question is iterating over the same set of data that ImageData represents).

This is important because I am now sticking an image iterator into an ImageData, which is passed to process(). When process recieves ImageData it needs to decide if it should use the image iterator's scanline width or the ImageData's scanline width (which under the circumstances are the same, but that doesn't mean they always will be).

You initialize ImageIterator with a copy of the ImageData rect, so you have made them to be the same. I don't see why they wouldn't be, but if I knew all, I wouldn't be asking :-).

If the two rects should be the same, then should I destroy the ImageIterator associated with and ImageData when the ImageData rect changes?

Also, with this change to how inputs are passed to process, is there any need for ImageIterator to store a seperate rect from ImageData? (to put this question another way, would ImageIterator ever be used when not associated with an ImageData?) If not, then should I find a way to get rid of double storage of the ImageData's rect and the ImageIterator's rect?

--
Dan