[Gegl-developer] let me see if I have got this straight.

ImageData is ColorData plus a rectangle.

ColorData is GeglData plus a ColorModel.

The value of a GeglData (for an ImageData or ColorData) is an Image

An Image is a ColorModel and a tile.

A tile is an Area, a Buffer, and a Storage.

A Buffer is a collection of data banks.

A Storage is a specification that can be used to create a Buffer.

Can you correct me here, I am still unclear on how to process an image. Let's suppose I have an RGB TIFF image.

pixel_array[][] * tiff_pixels is the pixel data read from the file.

How do I get the TIFF data processed into the graph?

As far as I have been able to figure out, and Image represents only a single tile, so if I understand this correcly, I would have to break up tiff_pixels into my tile sized chunks, copy each one into a Tile, assign each tile to a seperate Image, assign each Image to a seperate ImageData, and then process each ImageData, collect the outputs, extract the Image, extract the Tile from the Image, and then finally cobble together all the tiles to form my resultant image.

Is this correct?

Thanks,
Daniel