Re: Fwd: Problems building gcc

On 06/02/2024 23:35, T Rex via Gcc-help wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

What I need are all the files that are in /usr/include, at the
$prefix/include location. I'm building a package for flatpak and I need
everything that gcc uses and makes it work to be contained in the directory
specified by $prefix. I was thinking about simply copying it from the
system but it seems to me that it's not the right thing to do and maybe it
won't work.

Some resources you might find helpful here are :

<https://crosstool-ng.github.io/>
<https://github.com/crazychenz/x-tools>

Although the "crosstools" project was primarily created for building cross-compiler toolchains, it works perfectly well when the target system is the same as the host system. The aim is a complete toolchain, including include files, library, assembler, linker, compiler, and so on. I've found it useful for making updated static gcc toolchains for old Linux systems where the distro toolchains are older, and you don't want to face the complications of having a system glibc newer than the distro version supports.

David