How can gcc generate crc value for a structure

Dear GCC-HELP:

    I am look for if there is a command which can generate CRC of a structure by GCC.
    My problem is that there is a data structure used to pass paramters from one binary to another binary. They have same definition but in different header files. These files are put in differerent folder and build for different binaries. Once somebody changed it's definition in file A but fogot do same change in file B, then the data parameters are not match, and the problems is hard to check. So I want to know if there is any GCC command which can generate a crc or any other characteristic value which I can stored in each binary and check characteristic value/crc first before using them, so we can detect errors at first time.
    Could you help me for this problem? Thanks.

Tao.Zeng@xxxxxxxxxxx