Re: GNAT on GCC 10.x has build problems

[moving from gcc@ to gcc-help@]

On Dec  3, 2023, Dave Blanchard <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not asking for any of your 'help', in case it wasn't obvious.

FWIW, it was obvious to me that you were asking for help in assessing
whether a certain situation you hit had changed in later versions.

I'm afraid we're going to need more details as to what you tried (as in,
which sequence of commands you ran) and which unexpected results it
produced (as in, output), because that was not at all clear to me.  Your
initial message was very light in correct details, and heavy in
incorrect assumptions and venting, wihch makes me hesitant to respond.

I will, however, because in case you really are interested in getting a
useful interaction, you will need to adjust your interface with GCC
developers.  All participants in these mailing lists are expected to
observe the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines, and it was evident that
you weren't familiar with them.  Please have a thorough look.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.en.html

Thanks,

--
Alexandre Oliva, happy hacker                    https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo/
   Free Software Activist                           GNU Toolchain Engineer