Guidance on Tools for Implementing Dynamic Plugin System in Firmware

Hello,

I am engaged in a firmware project with Cortex-M microcontrollers, focusing
on implementing dynamic plugin functionality. My setup includes FreeRTOS,
LittleFS, and gcc-arm-none-eabi.

I'm exploring creating a dynamic linker/loader for plugins. My queries are:

   1. *File Format and Loading:* Recommendations for file formats and
   2. *Function Entry Points:* Best practices for managing function entry
   points in non-PIC firmware for plugins?
   3. *Memory Management:* Managing different memory types (DTCM and SRAM)
   for plugin code and data.
   4. *Compilation and Linking:* Specific parameters or considerations for
   compiling and linking, including post-linking steps.
   5. *Security and Stability:* Ensuring safety and reliability when
   6. *Toolchain Adequacy:* Are the standard tools in the gcc-arm-none-eabi
   toolchain sufficient for this task, or is there a need for third-party
   tools or custom solutions?

Any advice, experiences, or references to similar projects would be
immensely helpful. Thank you!
best regards

--
Et nunc, auxilium solis, vincam!