Issue with '-mavx2' command in gcc-12, seeking assistance

Dear Sir or Madam,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding
an issue I encountered while using gcc 12.3. Specifically, I am facing
difficulties when trying to utilize the '-mavx2' command.

The reason behind my need to use gcc 12.3 is to run the STAR
software(standard Clang does not support OpenMP which creates problems for
STAR compilation). Therefore I have downloaded gcc 12.3 through Homebrew
and replaced Clang with gcc 12 using the code shown in the first attached
image.

However, when attempting to execute the command "make STARforMacStatic
CXX=gcc-12", I encountered the following error: "gcc-12: error:
unrecognized command-line option '-mavx2'". The complete screenshot of the
error message is provided in the second attached image.

I kindly ask for your guidance and support in resolving this matter. Any
suggestions or insights on how to resolve the issue would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you very much for your attention and assistance. I look forward to
hearing from you soon.

The content of this email is the same as the one sent 30 minutes ago.
However, due to some issues with the image attachment and contact
information in the previous email, I am resending this email. I apologize
for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,
Mu Tang
mumu649526071@xxxxxxxxx