Re: What caused my executable file not to run on a Linux of old version 2.4.36.1

Hi, Ruoyao,

Could you please tell me how to build cross compiler for Linux of different versions?

I followed the following method, but I failed. I look forward to your help!

Thanks again and regards,

Dingjun

How to Build a GCC Cross-Compiler (preshing.com)<https://preshing.com/20141119/how-to-build-a-gcc-cross-compiler/>
How to Build a GCC Cross-Compiler<https://preshing.com/20141119/how-to-build-a-gcc-cross-compiler/>
GCC is not just a compiler. It&rsquo;s an open source project that lets you build all kinds of compilers. Some compilers support multithreading; some support shared libraries; &hellip;
preshing.com

> Do you have any suggestions when building an executable file running
> under a Linux of old version?

Build a cross compiler and use the root FS of the target board as the
sysroot.  But again it's just wrong to run Linux 2.4 today, so you'll
likely encounter problems here or there.  And it's very difficult to
find any support because nobody wants to install something based on
Linux 2.4 and reproduce the problem for you, in 2023.