Re: Problems with -Warray-bounds and -Wstringop-overread

On Thu, 21 Sep 2023, Jochen Topf wrote:

Now here is the problem: In the last years GCC has added more and more
warnings, specifically -Warray-bounds and -Wstringop-overread that get
triggered by my code all over the place because it (understandably) finds that
I am accessing stuff outside the class X or some other part of my buffer.

I can just disable those warnings, but because that code is in a
header-only-library I have to tell every user to disable it

Sadly, this is the way to go. It actually helps your users, since it will also avoid false positives in their own code or other libraries they are using.

--
Marc Glisse