How do I add a warning like Wformat to gcc?

Hi all,

Quick question, how does one define a new warning that accepts different
levels like Wformat? Right now I have the following:

Winvalid-noreturn
C ObjC C++ ObjC++ Warning Alias(Winvalid-noreturn=, 3, 0)
Warn about code marked noreturn that actually returns.

Winvalid-noreturn=
C ObjC C++ ObjC++ Joined RejectNegative UInteger Var(warn_invalid_noreturn)
Warning LangEnabledBy(C ObjC C++ ObjC++, 3, 0) IntegerRange(0, 3)
Warn about code marked noreturn that actually returns.

I don't quite understand what the syntax or each setting following the
warning definition means, nor how to check for warning levels in the
corresponding code for the warning (Eg what does Joined do?), so some
pointers would be appreciated for that

best regards,
Julian