How to use __forced_unwind?

Hi all,

In my cooperative scheduler I currently use a regular exception type for thread
cancellation.  But these tend to get eaten, for example by std::iosteam
functions.

Now I see those functions do catch and rethrow a __cxxabiv1::__forced_unwind
type, and I presume such an object can be thrown via _Unwind_ForcedUnwind().

But how do you actually use it?  Specifically, how is the exception supposed to
be allocated, who is in charge of freeing it, and how do you make sure it stops
where you want it to?