Query: GCC 4.8.5 support for generating gcda files with dynamic libraries loaded using dlopen

Dear GCC Development Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you regarding a
specific question related to GCC 4.8.5 and the gcov tool. While working on
my recent project, I encountered an issue where only a single gcda file was
being generated when we expected multiple gcda files to be created.

Our project involves an executable that utilizes dlopen to load several
shared object (.so) files, which are not unloaded during execution. During
our tests, we observed that only one of the .so files had its corresponding
gcda file generated.

The information about our build configuration and the version of GCC we are
using is as follows:

   - GCC version: 4.8.5
   - Gcov version: 4.8.5
   - Build configuration: dynamic libraries loaded with dlopen()

Could you please let us know if it is possible for GCC 4.8.5 to generate
separate gcda files for each dynamic library that is being loaded through
dlopen()? Is there any specific build setting or runtime configuration that
we need to follow to obtain the desired results?

Your insights will be greatly appreciated in helping us understand and
solve this issue. Should you require any further information or
clarification about our build setup or how our application functions,
please feel free to ask. We are looking forward to your response.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards

christtu