Re: question regarding excluding certain file from included directory

On Wed, 17 May 2023 at 19:45, Ghori, Asif [US] (AS) via Gcc-help
<gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
> In our cmake file, We have included the directory (for example util) but would like to exclude file named (utilities.h) as we would like to use
> Utilities.h in a different directory.

utilities.h and Utilities.h are different files, so I hope that's just a typo.

> I have tried different gcc options such as -I or -iquote to direct the included files from a secondary directory. Upon compilation, it still points to the util directory.
> We are using gcc 4.8.5, please let me know if newer version have some features or options that I can use to exclude certain files from util directory (which will force it to use second location)
> Or is there a flag making gcc not use the current directory of the include file.

Use #include <utilities.h> instead of #include "utilities.h"
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Include-Syntax.html