Re: Accessing special files?

On 04/05/2023 01:40, Bernard Rich via Gcc-help wrote:
I have downloaded the latest version of Cygwin and cannot determine how to
access special files, specifically a flash drive. Will you please tell me
how to find the instructions? (I have read "Gcc Simplified" but did not
recognize directions for this)
Thank you very much.

This is something that is related to Cygwin, not gcc. gcc is a C and C++ compiler, and as far as the compiler and language are concerned, files are files - there is nothing special about any of them. Cygwin provides POSIX compatibility layers and files to make a Windows system look a bit more like a POSIX system - it is Cygwin that handles any special files. But the whole point of that is that, again, files are files.

Unless you are very lucky and find someone on this list that happens to have worked with this kind of thing, this is not a good place to find out more about Cygwin. You'll be better off looking for Cygwin-specific mailing lists or support forums.

David