Re: last version of gcc for 32 bit power pc mac?

Hi Arnold,

> On 21 Apr 2023, at 10:03, arnold@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> So, if I understand you, I can use the native GCC to bootstrap the
> most recent release of GCC 10, and from there bootstrap current releases?

Yes.

> I will try it out. Bootstrapping GCC takes several hours, I let it
> run overnight usually.
>
> If you want I can fire up the mac and send you the output of uname -a
> and gcc --version.

Not necessary unless there’s some problem
 - I am assuming you are using 10.5 (Leopard / Darwin9)

 - OTOH, If you are on Tiger / 10.4 / Darwin8, then there are some additional steps needed to update the system tools to something modern enough to support the C++ in use.

> BTW, you mention that GCC 14 is the current trunk, but I don't see GCC 13
> on ftp.gnu.org, only GCC 12. Any idea why that is?

GCC-13 is currently in the release process - expected to appear within the next week or two.

Iain