circular dependencies in LIB_SPEC

Hello,

I am looking at an issue we have when compiling c++ code - in which we need
to resolve circular dependencies. Normally we could use the
--start-group/--end-group pair - however that is being used in the LIB_SPEC
to resolve circular dependencies in our system libraries and crt.

How can I resolve this? Unfortunately I am not really able to get rid of
the circular dependencies in the system libraries, and we do need them
linked as part of the LIB_SPEC, so i'm a bit lost on how to proceed.

Any advice would be appreciated.