Re: Cross compiler riscv64 building

On 08/02/2023 12:11, Sagar Acharya via Gcc-help wrote:
How do I configure and build a cross compiler for target riscv64 of latest gcc on aarch64 musl based void linux.

I have it's default gcc installed which I want to use for compiling.
Thanking you
Sagar Acharya
https://designman.org

For many people, a better option is to use pre-built binaries. Getting a complete toolchain for cross-development is a fair bit of work, and can involve a lot of trial and error and research. The compiler, gcc, is just one part of the job (albeit a big part) - you have binutils, libraries, debuggers, and perhaps other bits and pieces. It can be an educational and - if you like that sort of thing - enjoyable task. But it can also be frustrating and time-consuming. And if your ARM host here is a small system (say, a Raspberry Pi rather than an Ampere Altra monster), toolchain builds can take a /long/ time.

I have no experience with RISC-V as yet (one day, I hope to use them), but it looks like you might get what you need from here : <https://xpack.github.io/dev-tools/riscv-none-elf-gcc/>.

(I work mostly with ARM microcontrollers and use ARM's "GNU ARM Embedded" toolchains, rather than xPack's.)

I've done more than my fair share of cross-gcc toolchain builds over the decades, but for most purposes, ready-built packages make life a lot easier.