Gcov produces too little output

Greetings,

I try to instrument a large, multithreaded X64 Linux application with several shared objects for code instrumentation using g++ --coverage flag.
It creates a gcno file for every module but when I run the application almost no modules produce a gcda file. It should be noted that the binaries for the main application and the shared objects are moved to a different location to have them all in one place. But I cannot imagine which information it tries to access that fails the output.

The program outputs gcda files for some modules, but I do not see an obvious pattern.

I tried to end the application with SIGTERM and Ctrl-C.

Any ideas how to debug this?

Regards