Re: AW: GCC builds with relative searchpaths instead of absolute

On Wed, 2022-09-21 at 17:31 +0200, stefan@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Really:  --prefix=/usr ???
>
> Installing locally built applications with prefix /usr is a really bad
> idea as the files installed may easily overwrite files installed by
> package managers.

See the context from OP:

   I'm working on a hobby operating system and, as part of making apps
   for it, I'm trying to port gcc to it. To be clear: I already have my
   cross compiler, I just want to make gcc run inside the OS.

So there should be no package manager for his new OS.

--
Xi Ruoyao <xry111@xxxxxxxxxxx>