Re: Re: gcc optimization options and lto (detailed info)

On Wed, 18 May 2022 at 10:24, Roman Kellner wrote:

> Hi Jonathan, hi Stefan, hi all
>
> Thanks for your support.
>
> Since no detailed documenation on coding do's and dont's related to optimizations is available, except reading the code itself which will take me probably ages to get into,
> is there any common good practice how to avoid effects of optimizations:

Why do you want to avoid the effects of optimizations?

If your code is correct, then it will behave the same optimized or
unoptimized, LTO or not. I don't understand what you're so concerned
about that you think you need to tweak optimization options in precise
detail.

If you think LTO might cause problems for your OS, you can just not
use it. Don't contort the code in strange ways to solve hypothetical
problems.