Re: stage1 gcc bootstrap fails looking for bits/libc-header-start.h

On 5/9/22 15:42, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On Mon, 9 May 2022 at 19:58, Dennis Clarke <dclarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/9/22 14:51, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On Mon, 9 May 2022, 18:16 Dennis Clarke via Gcc-help, <gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Not sure what is causing this on a Linux armv7 32-bit machine but I have
libc6-dev installed and that provides :

# ls -lapb /usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bits/libc-header-start.h

But this is not a standard header location, so GCC won't look there.

You need to use --enable-multiarch to use the Debian MultiArch directory
layout.

Wild. This is not a multi-arch machine but sure let me give that a twirl
   and see what happens.

It is though. All Debian machines have been for years.

Maybe you're thinking of "multilib" which is different.

Yep. That would be what my brain was pondering. Regardless the little
armv7l unit here seems to be happily churning away on a bootstrap.
Should have a result in a few days. :\

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC