Installing gcc on Linux 7.9 with no access to a repository

I am trying to download and install gcc manually, since I do not have access to a repository.  When I try to run  ./configure from the gcc download I get a message that there is no compiler available (--well OK, this is what I am trying to fix).  I am having difficulty finding a simple compiler download that will install without the benefit of access to a repository.  I tried downloading .rpm’s to install locally but with no luck so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

V/R
Jim DeCaro
DISA
Systems Administrator
Windows and Unix/Linux Server Operations
FE222/DoDNet Service Section
Defense Enclave Services Directorate
Defense Information Systems Agency
☎ 301-225-8180