Re: Compile GCC using only tools isolated from host environment

HI,

Thank you for your suggestions.  I've tried the CFLAGS with fixed paths,
and am still not successful.

I think I am trying to do what you describe at the end - I want to produce
a GCC that only depends on artifacts found in my /bootstrap tree.  If I
move this whole tree to a new environment, I'd like to still be able to use
this compiler to build arbitrary software.

> you are not
building a GCC which is meant to run in a new OS tree (chroot or
container, or even reboot into a new OS tree), it's likely you shouldn't
use sysroot at all.