Libatomic 16B

Hi Team,

I was looking at the hotspots in our software stack and interestingly I see
libat_load_16_i1 seems to be one of the top in the list.

I am trying to understand why that is the case. My suspicion is some kind
of lock usage for 16B atomic accesses.

I came across this discussion but frankly I am still confused.
https://gcc.gnu.org/legacy-ml/gcc-patches/2017-01/msg02344.html

Do you think the overhead of libat_load_16_i1 is due to spinlock usage?
Also reading some other Intel CPU docs, it seems like the CPU does support
performance?

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Satish