Installing gfortran on macOS v12.2

Hi, folks,

I've recently bought a new iMac with Apple's M1 chip running macOS Monterey (v12.2).  I'd like to install gfortran on this machine, but so far have not had much luck beyond successfully (I hope!) installing Xcode.

There is a lot online that could help, but I've not yet been able to sift through it to the page(s) that I need.  So, is there a web page with step-by-step instructions for getting gfortran going on a machine like my new one?  I'm more or less familiar with UNIX and have used VAXs and Macs pretty happily for nearly 40 years -- but the system's guys have have always taken care of the gcc installation in the past!  Now that I'm my own "system's guy", I find that I need a little help with the details.

Thanks!
Harold Corwin