Re: gcc 7.1.0

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 4:48 PM Zane Asher Post via Gcc-help
<gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi. I'm trying to compile a cross compiler to build my OS. I'm trying to
> build on Windows using MSYS2. I'm having a couple of issues, though. First,
> when it gets to s-selftest in gcc-build/gcc/Makefile, it stops with this
> error:
>
> CreateProcess: not a directory or file

I too have had fun with building GCC on Windows using MSYS2.  Fortunately
for me, the mingw-w64 development team has been very helpful.

I know of at least one of the mingw-w64 developers chimes in on the binutils
list, perhaps there are some of them on this list, too.

I'd start with this github repo which provides patches for building GCC within
an MSYS2 environment:

https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages

There are patches and pacman build scripts (pay attention to the
scripts, they do
some magic aside from applying patches).  There is stuff there for arm cross
compilers.  But beware, these patches may no longer apply for GCC 7.0 as the
mingw-w64 folks keep pretty current with packages they deliver.

Hope this helps,

Tom