Re: C++ version for GCC development

On Mon, 7 Feb 2022 at 23:04, Abdullah Siddiqui <siddiquiabdullah92@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hello Jonathan.
>
> Thank you for the quick response.
>
> I got 14% from the following GitHub page:
>
> https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc
>
> Am I not looking at the correct source for the GCC source code?

That's an unofficial mirror that's nothing to do with the GCC project, but
it does have a copy of the right sources. Those numbers are wrong though.
It counts several .h and .C files as C when they are C++. It's a rough
estimate based on simple heuristics done automatically by GitHub. The true
number is higher.

It also looks like they haven't updated those numbers since April last
year, so it will wrongly count all .c files as C even the ones which
contain C++ instead. A huge number of files were renamed from .c to .cc
recently, because they contain C++ and so had a misleading .c extension.
That doesn't seem to be accounted for in those numbers.