Doubts regarding building of compiler from source

Respected Sir/Madam,

Hello I am Krishna Narayanan ,an undergraduate pursuing electronics and telecommunications,I am a beginner and new to this community.I kicked off by building the gcc from source and I  am getting a repetitive HTTP 500 error while building GCC from source in this command wget http://www.multiprecision.org/downloads <http://www.multiprecision.org/downloads> $mpc_tarfile ,I tried finding solutions on the internet but was not able to resolve the error. Can you help me out with this.

Hoping for your reply soon.

Thanks and Regards,

Krishna Narayanan.