Re: Fw: binary size

On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 at 11:42, Ming Cheng <chengm349@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
> I just pasted a lib. It's applicable to binary. I am wondering whether there is a way to generate smaller binary by ver 10.2.1 close to 7.3.1? Would bigger size binary slower ?

It depends why it's bigger. As I said, it's probably due to debug
info, which doesn't affect performance at all. Using 'ls' to check the
size is not helpful, because it doesn't tell you anything about the
size of the executable code in the binary. Use 'size' to do that. Even
if that shows the code is bigger, that doesn't mean it's going to be
slower. The only way to tell if it's slower is to measure if it's
slower.

tl;dr it depends.