Re: building GCC 11.2 with offloading

Le 10/12/2021 à 15:37, Stefan Ring via Gcc-help a écrit :
On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 2:41 PM Patrick Begou via Gcc-help
<gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi gcc users,

as my question does not seem to find an audience, I could perhaps
rephrase it differently:

Has anyone successfully compiled GCC11 with offloading to modern Nvidia
GPU on RHEL8 / CentOS8 and, if so, could they show me a pointer for  a
tutorial or some "how-to" documentation?

I was not able to find this or may be i misunderstand the process to do
this.
Do you specifically need gcc 11? This seems to be a general problem in
11 for targets that don’t have this header. I ran into the same issue
when trying to build the djgpp version a few days ago. gcc 10 does not
suffer from this, IIRC.

Hi Stephan

thanks for your suggestion. I've also tried with GCC 10.3 (and also with master branch in case the problem would be solved).

With GCC 10.3 I get an error in build-nvptx-gcc/nvptx-none/libgcc : /
/

   /"configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot
   compile"/

Looking in config.log file it is a ptxas error:

   /ptxas fatal   : Value 'sm_30' is not defined for option 'gpu-name'/
   /nvptx-as: ptxas returned 255 exit status/

looking for this error in google search I found a reply:

   /"This is due to NVIDIA dropping support for SM_30 in latest CUDA
   and gcc-offload-nvptx to force use it."/

But I need a recent Nvidia environment to support my A100 GPU. So I'm unable to compile GCC 10.3 for offloading too.

Patrick