Re: Wrong assembly code generated from C code (ARM Cortex-m3) ?

Hello David,

Thanks for your reply.

Writing a firmware from scatch and not using the official IDE is the
challenge.

It's based on this video of Nikolay Kondrashov who do the same thing for
another microcontroller with the same arch:
https://media.ccc.de/v/ASG2019-161-microcontroller-firmware-from-scratch

I started by reading the arch and microcontroller manuals to see how its
start, how the memory are mapped, which clock and peripherals are
enabled after a reset, etc.

I define local variables because I didn't have the time, for now, to
implement the loading of the values for the initialized global
variables. I defined volatile ones before, but with the same reset from
the CPU at the same moment.

I tested read and write in the registers with OpenOCD directly and it
work.

I'm sure I can flash the microcontroller because if I read the data at
addresse 0x0 I can read the vector table I defined in my code (the one
with stack pointer and first instruction pointer).

And I'm sure I can run code on the microcontroller because if I don't
declare the pointers to the registers and I just declare an int variable
and set its values multiple times it work (I can run it, inspect
variables, place breakpoints, etc). For debug I use GDB.