Re: [External] [Valeo] Elf File Mismatch Hex File

On Mon, 29 Nov 2021 at 13:35, Ahmed ABDELGAWAD-AHMED via Gcc-help
<gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I hope this email finds you well.
>
> I have an issue while compiling and generating (.elf) file.
> At the end of the (.elf) file we put 2 bytes CRC.
> I found that the 2 bytes are not flashed correctly while using (.elf) file,
> meanwhile the 2 bytes are flashed when using (.hex) file.
> The (.elf) file symbols are used for debugging but the (.hex) file can not
> be used for debugging.
>
> These commands are used for generating (.elf) file:
> $(EXECUTABLE_FILE): $(COBJECTS)
> @echo $(SEPARATOR)
> @echo Linking to $(EXECUTABLE_FILE)
> @$(LD) -o $(EXECUTABLE_FILE) $(COBJECTS) $(LDFLAGS)

Those are not commands. Those are snippets of a makefile, with no context.

How are we supposed to know what your FDFLAGS variable contains, for example?

Anyway, none of this is relevant to GCC, because the linker and
objcopy are not part of GCC.

If you're using GNU binutils then maybe you want to ask on the
binutils mailing list instead.