Re: Gcc build fails with test_real_width is negative

Thank you for the quick reply. I have read meanwhile and found an explanation that in this case the wrong size is being cached and that's why the compilation fails. So I had the idea to grab an extremely old 32 bit ubuntu 16.04 chroot and seemingly if I build from there I get past the previous issue.

However I encounter another one: https://pastebin.com/raw/WnAHLk32

I noticed that the Makefile failing is under host-armv7a-linux-gnueabi/libgcc. If I manually edit this file to include the stdio.h file from my target sysroot I get past it, as the file exists here:

root@hal-9000:~/gcc-6.2.0# ls /opt/webos-sdk-x86_64/1.0.g/sysroots/armv7a-neon-webos-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/stdio.h
/opt/webos-sdk-x86_64/1.0.g/sysroots/armv7a-neon-webos-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/stdio.h

However this libgcc build seemingly ignores what I have set in the environment, for example it wants to use armv7a-linux-gnueabi-cc instead of arm-webos-linux-gnueabi-gcc like I specified when I ran configure on the root of the project. Seemingly this libgcc dependency building ignores all config vars that has been set before. I am unsure why.

For example armv7a-linux-gnueabi-cc didn't even exist and so it errored first, I had to symlink the right file to that path.

I think the first step would be to debug why libgcc is not picking up the sysroot and CC configurations, but I tried to touch the Makefile manually to include the /opt/webos-sdk-x86_64/1.0.g/sysroots/armv7a-neon-webos-linux-gnueabi/usr/include path so it gets past the stdio.h not found error. Then it fails a tiny bit later:

https://pastebin.com/raw/D5DsQPid

Also, you mentioned I am not supposed to build within the source tree. How am I supposed to build then? outside of the gcc folder and by specifying "make -C folder"?

And last, but not least, I am quite a beginner here as you could probably tell. I have been trying to look for some pre-existing canadian cross build scripts for arm gcc but surprisingly I haven't found any. Do you happen to know one? I would love to take a look.

Thanks