发件人:Xi Ruoyao <xry111@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
发送时间:2021-10-21 00:17
主题:Re: GCC link problem help!
收件人:"桂永林/图灵研究院软件三部/图灵研究院"<guiyonglin@xxxxxxxxxx>,"LIU Hao"<lh_mouse@xxxxxxx>,"Tom Kacvinsky"<tkacvins@xxxxxxxxx>
抄送:"gcc-help"<gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx>,"柳茂昕/图灵研究院软件三部/图灵研究院"<liumaoxin@xxxxxxxxxx>,"李闯闯/图灵研究院软件三部/图灵研究院"<lichuangchuang@xxxxxxxxxx>,"汤汝/图灵研究院软件三部/图灵研究院"<tangru@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Wed, 2021-10-20 at 22:53 +0800, 桂永林 wrote:
> Hellow Tom and Liu Hao,
>    We encounter another GCC link problem. Our hardware is cotex-M33
> platform,  our software project development on windows environment and
> use GCC compiler and the gcc-linker as bellow:
>

>    gcc version 7.3.1 20180622 (release) [ARM/embedded-7-branch
> revision 261907] (GNU Tools for Arm Embedded Processors 7-2018-q2-
> update)
>
>    GCC: GNU ISO C11  7 2018-q2-update
>
>    GCC parameter:  -std=gnu11
>
>    gcc-linker parameter: --specs=nano.specs --specs=nosys.specs
>
>    Our project need link a C++ static lib into our project. The C++
> lib build enviroment as bellow:
>    G++:GNU ISO 2011 C++
>    G++ parameter:-std=gnu++11 -fabi-version=0 -fno-exceptions -fno-
> rtti -fno-use-cxa-atexit -fno-non-call-exceptions
>

>    But we found that if we linked the C++ static lib to our program,
> then the program have runtime logic problem sometimes. If we do not
> link the C++ lib, it can run well. We can not understand why the
> reason. We guess, if maybe some gcc linker parameter need used when we
> need link the C++ lib?

>    Can you give us some suggest about how to fix this problem!

I think it will be very difficult to tell. Maybe there is some
undefined behavior (for example, out-of-bound access) in your program
and linking in libstdc++ just changes the memory layout or something and
exploits the issue. The undefined behavior may be even triggered by
some hardware problem for a embedded system... (I once debugged my
program for one day and then found out one capacitor was simply too
small!)
--
Xi Ruoyao <xry111@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>