Re: How to create gimple_build_call

On 5/7/21 5:49 PM, Mato Grin via Gcc-help wrote:
Hello,

I would like to ask you for your help.

We are creating a plugin, which is inserting some statements into compiled
code. Plugin is working on GIMPLE representation. Under some conditions we
need to stop execution of runnig code.

We want to insert builin abort() function.
It should be done with gimple_build_call (tree fn, unsigned nargs, ...)

But we don't know how to create tree fn referencing abort() function.

Could you help us, please?

Or do you have some other or better idea how to stop runnig code? We were
thinking about error trapping/throwing, but we couldn't find anything about
this in documentation.

The path isolation pass (gcc/gimple-ssa-isolate-paths.c) inserts calls
to __builtin_trap(), as does Address sanitizer (gcc/ubsan.c).  The setup
should be pretty much exactly the same as for __builtin_abort() so I'd
follow those examples.

Martin

Thanks in advance.

Mato